ONE CHEF. TWO STARS.
A MULTITUDE OF CONCEPTS.
With two Michelin stars for his restaurant in the Marbella Hotel Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa, and recognition in the 2016 Bib Gourmand (also from the Michelin Guide), Dani García has positioned himself as one of the Andalusian chefs with the most promising international career at this moment in time. A creative chef who never stops with almost 20 years of experience in the kitchen, his cooking is global and cosmopolitan, feeding off a multitude of influences: from his Andalusian roots, his experiences travelling around the world and from the cultures that he continues to discover, and from all his years of learning.
THE ROAD TO FLAVOUR
He was trained at the Malaga Catering School “La Cónsula” – a benchmark in Andalusia, and in 1996 he started his career under the wing of Martín Berasategui, who he claims to share the “chef’s DNA” with. It is in these years that Dani confirmed his drive and passion for gastronomy, defined his style of cooking and choose the flavours that make up the common denominator of his cuisine. And it was Dani who defined himself as a “craftsman of flavour”, and as someone who is able to combine local product with the techniques and ingredients of more international cuisine.
Dani developed a cooking style filled with intention, youth and colour during his time at Tragabuches (1998-2004), where he was awarded his first Michelin star when he was only 25 years old. Then in Calima (2005-2013) he matured as a chef, perfecting his techniques and becoming the first chef in Andalusia with two Michelin stars. A stage which involved a great deal of learning and evolving, as he developed a culinary style full of imagination where technique is there to serve flavour.
- 2000 First Michelin star in the Tragabuches restaurant.
- 2001 Prize for the Best Gastronomy Work in Malaga, awarded by the Diario Sur newspaper.
- 2002 Périgueux Prize (France) awarded to the Tragabuches book for best editorial design.
- 2002 Best Chef of the Year. Recognition from the Malaga Gastronomy Academy.
- 2004 Named Golden Chef by the Intxaurrondo Gastronomy Society.
- 2005 Technical Award of the Year given to Dani García and Raimundo García del Moral for their work with liquid nitrogen and gellan gum.
- 2005 Named Chef of the Year by Canal Cocina (Spanish cooking channel).
- 2005 Awarded Chef of the Year by the Lo Mejor de la Gastronomía (The Best Gastronomy) congress.
- 2006 Awarded the Chef L’Avenir (Chef of the Future) prize by the International Academy of Gastronomy.
- 2007 1st Michelin star awarded to the CALIMA restaurant in Marbella.
- 2007 2 Repsol Suns from the Repsol Guide given to CALIMA.
- 2007 Young Malaga Prize for the international promotion of the Malaga province awarded by the Andalusian Youth Institute.
- 2008 3 Repsol Suns from the Repsol Guide given to CALIMA.
- 2008 Awarded Best Dish at the Best Gastronomy congress for the Raf Tomato Pipirrana with Green Gazpacho and Motril Prawns dish.
- 2008 Best Pastry Chef of the Year 2008. Best dressed table of the year 2008.
- 2008 Entrepreneur Award from the Andalucía Económica magazine.
- 2009 National Gastronomy Award from the Royal Spanish Academy.
- 2009 Creative cuisine award for the blog Salsa de Chiles (ABC).
- 2009 Protagonista award from Spanish radio station Cadena COPE.
- 2010 Name Ambassador of the city of Marbella by Marbella Town Hall.
- 2010 Award for Excellence in Management for the Gastronomy Project of the Junta de Andalucía Ministry of Tourism.
- 2010 Named Best Chef of the Year by popular vote by the Gourmetour Guide.
- 2010 2nd Michelin star awarded to CALIMA.
- 2011 Andalusia medal awarded by the Governing Council of the Junta de Andalucía.
- 2011 Awarded Entrepreneur of the Year by the Diario SUR newspaper.
- 2011 IBERIA Airlines business class selects Dani García as their brand image.
- 2012 Best Cod Dish by Giraldo.
- 2012 “Exploring Spain” Madrid Fusion.
- 2012 “Cucharón del Buen Guiso Marinero 2012” (Golden Spoon for Best Seafood Stew) in Asturias.
- 2013 Marbella honorary citizen
- 2014 Revalidates the 2 Michelin stars for the Dani García Restaurant at the Hotel Puente Romano.
- 2015 Andalusia Gastronomy Prize awarded to Dani García.
- 2015 Member of Relais & Châteaux.
- 2016 BiBo Marbella recognised in the Bib Gourmand.
- 2016 “Sánchez Cotán Award” from the Royal Academy of Gastronomy for the best menu design for BiBo Marbella and Madrid.
- 2017 Prix Versailles award for the best decoration awarded to the BiBo Madrid restaurant.